Terms & Conditions
- English law shall in all respects govern the contract between the Buyer and The Upholsterer Midhurst.
- Prices shown include VAT, but exclude Delivery.
- Payment in full shall normally be made at the time of ordering the goods. If agreement should be reached for payment of the goods by invoice, then that payment is to be made within 30 days of delivery of the goods. If payment is not made within this time we reserve the right to exercise our statutory right to claim interest and compensation for debt recovery costs under current late payment legislation.
- Payment of goods must be made by debit or credit card.
Cancellation of Orders
- An order for goods from the standard range of products may be cancelled at any time up until dispatch provided no additional costs have been incurred by The Upholsterer Midhurst in the provision of that order. If a special item has been ordered for a customer that has unique features for that particular customer so that and the item is not suitable to be taken in to general stock, then we reserve the right to deliver, and charge for, those goods.
- Once goods are delivered they may only be returned with agreement of The Upholsterer Midhurst under the terms laid down here, and under normal statutory rights. If the goods are returned and there is no fault, damage, or issue of fitness for purpose, we reserve the right to charge for the carriage of the goods for both the dispatch and return.
Delivery and Return of Goods
- Delivery will be made by a national carrier who are contracted to deliver the Goods on Our Behalf. If for any reason you are unhappy with the parcel you receive (i.e. it is in a damaged in any way), please refuse delivery of the item and contact The Upholsterer Midhurst and a replacement item to be sent. No additional cost will apply to the customer if additional deliveries are due to such a refusal of delivery.
- Delivery Prices quoted apply to deliveries made in the mainland of the United Kingdom. Orders from outside of the mainland of the United Kingdom shall be subject to higher delivery rates. All such rates will be agreed with the buyer prior to dispatch of the goods, and the buyer retains the right to cancel the order until such agreement is reached. This condition also applies to Northern Ireland.
- The Buyer has a statutory right (Under the Distance Selling Regulations “cooling off” principle) to return goods within 7 days of delivery. Should the buyer choose to exercise this option, and non of the following terms apply, Then goods will be returned at the buyers expense. Any returned product(s) must be complete, unused, in an undamaged state and returned in their original outer packaging. The Upholsterer Midhurst reserves the right to charge for repair, replacement or repackaging of any products not returned in their original condition.
- If for any reason the products you receive are damaged or faulty, return them to us unused, within 14 days of receipt and we will replace the goods or refund your payment.
- In the event of any defect in products supplied by us or delays in delivery our liability is limited to the cost of the goods, any postage and carriage charges already made, and the cost of returning the goods to The Upholsterer Midhurst by a means that has been agreed with The Upholsterer Midhurst.
- Your statutory rights are not affected in any way by these terms and conditions.
- Should delivery of any of the goods be prevented or delayed by reason of any strike, war, fire, delay and delivery by third parties, act of God, Government action, or any other cause whatsoever outside the control The Upholsterer Midhurst, the The Upholsterer Midhurst reserves the right to cancel or suspend deliveries without prejudice to its right to payment for any goods (including part orders) already delivered. In any event, the The Upholsterer Midhurst shall not be liable in any way for loss or damage arising directly or indirectly in consequence of any such event.
- The majority of our products are guaranteed for twelve months by the manufacturer. However, some products are guaranteed for longer. We will honour all such guarantees. Details of guarantees will be provided on request.
Protection of Personal Information.
- The Upholsterer Midhurst is registered with the Data Protection Agency. All personal information is held securely and will only be used by The Upholsterer Midhurst. We reserve the right to contact customers with The Upholsterer Midhurst marketing material, unless the customer has specified that we are not to. The Upholsterer Midhurst will not, however, pass on or sell its customer information to any third party.